The battery of your laptop is one of the elements that require special maintenance so that it lasts as long as possible. To do this, there are certain tips and instructions to follow to use it correctly without damaging it prematurely. In this article, we’ve got you covered with everything you need to know for maximum battery life.
Tips for maximizing your battery life
By buying a Linux laptop, the battery of the latter has a lifespan and autonomy determined in advance. This duration is easily affected by the type of tasks you perform. Of course, downloading videos, for example, consumes more energy than a simple word processing file. So, to maximize the autonomy of your battery, here are some tips to follow:
- The lighting of your screen is one of the most energy-consuming elements. Thus, be sure to adjust the brightness to an acceptable level.
- Using sleep mode greatly saves energy. It’s a perfect solution for not leaving your computer on when it’s not in use.
- Deactivating functions (bluetooth, wifi, etc.) that are not used also means that the battery is not seriously strained.
- The multitude of tasks drains battery power. So, do not hesitate to close software and windows that are not in use.
Ultimate tips to extend your battery life
- Be aware that the battery life when setting up your laptop without an operating system cannot remain optimal forever. It is obvious that it decreases over time. However, there are tricks to extend it.
- Do not leave your computer plugged in when you are not using it. These unnecessary charges weaken the capacity of your battery.
- Never put your computer where it will be exposed to strong heat or conversely in very cold places. Always keep it a room temperature.
- Remember to recharge your battery as soon as it reaches 30%. Also, never let the load exceed 80%. This trick is effective in extending battery life.
- Remember to remove the battery from your laptop and store it separately if you are not going to be using your laptop for a long period of time.
How do you know it’s time to change your battery?
- Even if you take good care of your battery, there will come a time when it will lose its capacity. That’s why you need to stay alert for the signs that let you know it’s time to change it. To do this, you need to pay attention to two important signs:
- The battery should be changed when you notice that it only lasts a few minutes before it needs to be recharged again.
- It needs to be changed when it no longer charges and there is a constant red sign on the battery icon on your laptop.
- Likewise, you should change it if it overheats every time you turn on your computer and start working on it.